Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My De-conversion From Christianity

Thank God I am finally free of the Christian religion!  Over the past few months I had been noticing things I considered flaws in Christianity, and finally about two months ago I was able to declare boldly that there is no way Jesus of Nazareth was the true Messiah.  For a very short while I pondered becoming a Jew, but I figured why leave one prison only to check into another?

I don't feel like explaining my de-conversion here.  There is a wonderful, exciting, liberating story behind it in which the captive sets himself free from the shackles of scripture, but I just don't feel like going into all that.  If you are a Christian and you want to know why I de-converted just read an essay written by a Jew on why they do not consider Jesus to be the Messiah.  Also, consider that Jesus said, "It is not that which goes into a man that defiles him, but that which comes out," and how that totally defies the Law of Moses, which the real Messiah is supposed to uphold.

I am still a Theist.  I still argue with atheists.  But I am also finally able to live a full life without having to constantly keep a lot of inhuman, servile ordinances.  No more slave religion for me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment