Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Reincarnation (revised)

 
One of the things that makes us human is that we do have the same consciousness--the same instincts, the same awareness, and the same ignorance--at the time of birth. Potential is not relevant because, at this point, it has not manifested as difference. No matter how much you change you can only become yourself. Chop off my arm and I am still the same person. Subject me to ECT and I am still the same person because my past coheres to my present and I recognize myself in all my experiences. But besides that, even if the match in consciousness were not exactly the same the baby born today could be one that was born a thousand years ago for the same reason that I am the same person I was ten minutes ago when my experiences were different.

Also, I'm not saying that twins are the same person, because one body can only house one person (except in the case of multiple personalities). If eight out of ten points match and eight points form a pattern then in a system of ten points the eight that form a pattern would be active and alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment